Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FC4700 SPS Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

samurai123

Technical User
Sep 26, 2005
US
Hello,

I have FC4700 SPS unit p/n 118030635. The unit as 2x RJ12 connectors. I know one goes to SP and other I guess is a console ( has a monitor icon on it ).

I just powered up the SPS and it shows amber X light. Not sure if it is really a battery issue or is it charging.

Anyway, I wanted to connect to SPS console and see what's going on. Does anyone know how to connect to this console?
Can I use the SP serial cable for it or does it require special cable?

If I get to it, are there any commands I can run to check the SPS status?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I did check the link but there is no information about SPS console port. It's all talk about SPS-SP connection.
This particular SPS has another RJ12 port on it which has monitor icon on it. I was wondering how to connect to it and what I will get there once connected.

Thanks

Connecting to the monitor port will only provide you with a way to get to the Clariion Flare FCLI prompt. You can perform some tasks at that level but it is not intuitive and definitely not user friendly. You'd be better off using Navisphere Cli or Navisphere Supervisor to manage the array. The RJ12 to db9 adapter with a null modem cable will get you connected via hyperterm. To get access, you have to hit a key sequence to break into the command line interpreter.
When you do that, the sp is effectively offline.

The monitor port I am talking about is on the SPS itself. I wanted to see what I can get on the port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back