Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FC4700 Problem Binding LUNS and Creating RAID groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

hidden75

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2005
US
Okay just setup the Fc4700, both of the internal hardrives were wiped so I had to place an image on each drive. The 4700 is booting into windows and I can see the array with Navisphere. I notice that the base software shows as Active however it says a commit is required. I cannot bind LUNS or create RAID groups until I commit the base software. However, I get an error trying to commit the software. The following error pops up after trying to commit the software.

Commit of Base:SP A: An IOCTL failed (NOT a timeout) (0x71508010), SP B: An IOCTL failed (NOT a timeout) (0x71508010)

Engineering mode does the same thing.

I have a question to help point me in the right direction. What exactly happens or why are we commiting the software? What is the purpose?

Any ideas?

Okay I think I just found out why I cannot commit the software.

Warning message. File: ToC.cpp Line: 1813 Details: Unlinking invalid UPF ndu-EMC-Base-08_51_52.exe 71 51 40 00

This is in the event logs on SP A. Looks like the NDU is corrupt. I get a bad CRC error in the content.ndu file when trying to extract the files from the package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back