Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FC4700-1 Unable to access security information

Status
Not open for further replies.

tzartler

Technical User
Jun 16, 2004
US

I have upgraded Navisphere Manager from version 5.1 to 6.6.
I am managing a FC4700-1 and a FC4700-2, both which were purchased on the used market.

Unlike 5.1's application interface version 6.6 is browser based. When launching start.html a Select Connection Type dialog comes up. If I select lan and enter the ip address of the FC4700-1, the "unable to access security information" message occurs.

Can this be caused by a password being set in global security?
If so is there a way to clear the password?

Checked all properties with Navisphere 5.1 and see nothing related to global security, only privleged users.

The FC4700-2 can be accessed ok with a dialog asking if I want to set global security.

Thanks for any help,

Tom

Have you tried pointing your browser at the IP address of the 4700-1 instead of pointing at a local version of Navisphere?

--
Bill Plein
a.k.a. squiddog
Contact me at

My mistake... my suggestion will work if the FC4700-1 is running sufficiently new software with the Navisphere Management Server running on the FC. If you are running 5.x, then you'll still need to figure out your security issue. I can't help with that at the moment, I'm running an FC4700 and it seems to be fine.

You might enter the IP address of the FC4700-1 into the Portal interface for the FC4700-2, the FC4700 can be a portal to other agents on your network.

--
Bill Plein
a.k.a. squiddog
Contact me at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back