Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fc4500 lost lun after power failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewitz

Technical User
May 6, 2005
DE
hello we had a power failure,
the status of the lun 1 changed from EAN to RDY*, i see the lun in the emulex programm, but can access it or boot from it.
any help
fcli> lustat
Logical Unit Summary:

Raid Dflt. Unit
LUN Group Owner Type Capacity Cache State Frus
--- ----- ----- ------ -------- ----- ------- ------------------
0 0 SP-B HotSpare 32.7 GB --- RDY 9
1 1 SP-B RAID-5 196.5 GB RW- RDY* 0 1 2 3 4 5 6

If the SPS does not power the Clariion for up to two minutes to allow write cache to dump to the vault disks, you end up with a dirty cache condition. The dirty cache bit can be cleared but whatever data was being accessed at the time is corrupted. It is recommended that the lun be unbound, rebound and reloaded from backup. If you don't have a backup and you have no other choice, you would need to clear the dirty cache bit to get the lun back on line.

hello i have a backup, but i prefer to check if the system might work. how do i clear the dirty cache?

hello clu systems to be the right command but what is flu and password?

hello just one question, what is the right way to power down the system?

You have to call EMC to get the password of the day.
--
To properly shutdown a Clariion:
1. Bring down the server
2. If possible, disable write cache on the clariion as an added safety step.
3. Turn off the sps breakers ( it should take approx 1-2 minutes for the Clariion to dump cache.

Once the DPE power is off, the power down cycle is complete (DAE's will remain powered)

hello
how do i get the password for the dirty cache

You have to call EMC Customer Support to get a password.

hello they offered me 2500 euro for the password, thats a rip off. christiane@kewitz.de

Wow! And they have a limited life too...
I guess you are stuck with rebuilding the lun.

yeah i think so i am just copying the things back, thats not a support to get future customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back