Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fc4500 cant unbind lun after dirty cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewitz

Technical User
May 6, 2005
DE
hello
i got a dirty cache and want to set up the system again after the power failure here is what is left. i am working over the serial line and fcli since the naviagent cant see the system. the emulex software can see it and also the lun??? the ub command fails as you can see. how can i get the system back to normal, to start from the scratch. i have connected the serial line to both sp so the warning makes no sense. somehow it is bind but i how do i unbind.

another question. i have the agent 5.1 and the agent 5.2. but there is no windows tool to setup the agent like in the 5.1 agent. can somebody help. thx kewitz

Raid Dflt. Unit

LUN Group Owner Type Capacity Cache State Frus

--- ----- ----- ------ -------- ----- ------- ------------------

0 0 SP-B HotSpare 32.7 GB --- RDY 9

1 1 SP-B RAID-5 196.5 GB RW- RDY 0 1 2 3 4 5 6

fcli> ub 1

Unbinding Will DESTROY All Data on this Unit

Continue [y/n] y

WARNING: unit 1 is NOT assigned to this SP

ub: VLU-FLU mappings exist for the lun 1

The warning does make sense. Neither SP can own a lun with a dirty cache. Try destroying the raid group.

The Agent Configurator program was removed at some point. I thought 4.3 was the last version to have that program. The Rev 5 agent gets setup under the host tab - properties in Navi Supervisor or Manager.

hello i tried to destroy the raid group the system says still owned or something like that. thx kewitz

hello thats what i get
sg 1 -rrg
Configuring RAID Group 1

07/05/2005 00:27:48
fcli> RB error full 0x50230101
part category 0x5 code 0x5023 error num 0x23 status 0x1 type 0x1
Raid Group configuration ERROR: Category 0x5 Num 0x23 Type 0x1

Sunburst Code: HOST_REMOVE_RG_ERROR_VALID_LUNS
Status recv'd opcode 0x8D status 0x50230101

hello it must be something with ub: VLU-FLU mappings exist for the lun 1

My only other suggestion is to pull two of the disks out of that raid 5 group to invalidate the lun, then see if you can unbind it.

kewitz,

Did you ever find out how to unbind the RAID group or UNBIND the LUN's.. I'm having the same error as you.

sg 1 -rrg
Configuring RAID Group 1

07/05/2005 00:27:48
fcli> RB error full 0x50230101
part category 0x5 code 0x5023 error num 0x23 status 0x1 type 0x1
Raid Group configuration ERROR: Category 0x5 Num 0x23 Type 0x1

Sunburst Code: HOST_REMOVE_RG_ERROR_VALID_LUNS
Status recv'd opcode 0x8D status 0x50230101

Pulling two drives from SLOT 1 and 2 does nothing.

hello first use unbind 1 to get all luns unbind. and than the sg command. i was in a happy situation to have a second fc 4500 and i finally replaced all 3 disks with the flare thx kewitz

Kewitz,

Unbind 1 Does not work. I get an error.

Hmm..

hello what error give lustat?
thx
kewitz

hello it might be possible, that there still is a machine in a storagegroup, so try to remove that machine or deactivate the storagegroup. with navisphere you can see if there is a machine in a storagegroup
thx
kewitz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back