Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FC4500 agent.config serial 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

redluna

Technical User
Sep 26, 2005
FR
Hi, evreybody

Some people've an sample of agent.config for windows with a serial connexion on COM1 to attach the SP1 ?

Thanks !

I belive for a connection from the PC to the SP you would put ttydevice COM1 in the agent.config file.

But.. To be honest I am having a hard time understanding what your question is.

Dave

Yes it's my question, Sorry for my poor enflish, I'm just a little froggy ;)
So, for your answer, I must put in my agent.config the following line ? => ttydevice COM1

Thanks !

I believe that is all you need. If you start up the agent after putting that line in the config go to hyperterm and connect to port COM1, pressing default for the properties to set speed and such to the correct speed. You would be able to see the SAN boot up if everything is working correctly.

Dave

What is seen when he boots the clariion depends on the type of Clariion. SCSI Clariion will give a 'gridmanager' screen and show the management screens. FC Clariion will boot to a point and then say ' transfering to serial mode'. You'll see nothing more after that unless you break into the fcli.
SCSI Clariion is 96-8-1-even
FC is 96-8-1-none

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back