Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FC CT for data transfer between host servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anujxgarg

Programmer
Sep 11, 2003
US
I would like to know if FC-CT (common transport) protocol be used for carrying general purpose data transfer across two machine. If this is possible then we can get two machine communicate over a FC link without any need to have a IP connectivity between them? Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Regards,
Anuj

Thanks. I could configure it successfully for Emulex.

However, I'm facing problems with QLogic HBAs. I have a QLA2200F and QLA2310F HBA and when I enable IP on them through q2ip and q3ip drivers respectively, I can't ping one from the other. A local ping (loopback) works fine.

Did anyone used QLogic to enable IP-FC and experienced it working? Thanks very much for your responses.

I have worked with Qlogic and IP before and ran into similar issues. I had to remove the drivers and add a older version of the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back