Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Faxing via Outlook- how to attach XLS, PDF & TXT as Image files (TIF?) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarenLloyd

Programmer
Nov 23, 2005
GB
Hi Again

I have made some minute progress with faxing from Outlook, using Fax Mail Transport, in that I managed to send myself a fax. I'm getting a message saying unable to render all the attachments, which is because I haven't done any conversion.

I understand that the header and other pages need to be attached as image files (Tiff?). My question is, how do I automate this from VFP6?

I will need to convert an Excel worksheet and several PDFs and also TXT files so that they can be faxed together.

Can anyone recommend an image printer driver or other suitable option, or suggest an alternative please?

Thanks

Karen

Use an 'Image Printer' to create image files of those other file types - Excel, TXT, etc.
I was originally using the Zan Image Printer ( ) and it worked for me, but there are numerous others out there.

Then merely have these other image files attached as secondary Attachments to the Outlook 'email' which generates the FAX.

That approach worked for me WAY BACK WHEN.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

Hi JRB-Bldr

Thank you once again for your reply. I know a lot of the threads on this go back a few years, which is why I'm looking for new answers. I will check out the Zan Image Printer.

I do appreciate your support on this one. I will get there eventually...

Thanks

Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back