Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Faxing to Distribution list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zracer03

MIS
Jul 12, 2004
US
We have a new Faxserver in place that also does desktop fax through email. It uses the telephone tab in active directory, and routes the fax/email to the number entered in the "Fax Number" line. Problem is, we have numerous people that will need to receive the same faxes, and therefor have the same number. If I manually input the fax number in each user account, it works fine, but after while it will get very hard to keep track of. Since dist lists dont have that telephone tab, I can't do that. Is there any way I can get this routed to a group of people, or dist list? Or even add the telephone tab to a group. Any help would be great. thanks

One other way would be a generic mailbox with that fax number that you then give your users access to.

Easy enough to set up but can be a pain adding to each users profile and it also increases your user and mailbox count.

We do this in Exchange quite a bit.

Neill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back