Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Faxes in Unified Messaging showed up as black pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkView

Technical User
May 26, 2005
US
I had a user receive two faxes in a row, sent in from different fax machines, where the pages came in basically all black. The last page of the second fax came in correctly and since then all has been fine. I have never seen this happen before and was wondering if anyone else has.

Have you tried sending a fax to that mailbox yourself to see what happens? Be sure to eliminate an error putting the fax into a machine upside down?

I'm having the same issue, and I've got all the latest software, 4.0 for everything.

What kind of OS are you using and are you using My Call Pilot or an EMail client?

My clients are all running XP SP2. I am actually using an IMAP e-mail client to the callpilot server. I do this so that multiple users can manage the same mailbox. I have not seen the problem reoccur. I am thinking that it might be some kind of resource issue.

please see the other threads regarding black faxes, looks like Nortel is making a patch (according to I2007 will be available mid-May)

I have also had this issue, and it appears to be with the .tif viewer and possible trasmit errors on the orignial fax. I worked around it by using internet explorer to view the document, it worked, where office imaging, paint an other viewers simply displayed a black page

It's actually our IXOS software the can view the file, Lotus Notes .tiff viewers work as well. (I guess IXOS plugs into our IE in some way alowing it to view the .tif)

Does anyone know the Nortel patch that fixes this problem with the windows .tiff viewers that come with XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back