Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fax to Voice Mail Box or DID

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwenger

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2002
US
I have a client that wants each member of his sales force to have their own fax number. If I have a DID number for each fax line and route them all to the same fax server, how does the fax server know who the recipient is? i.e. How does it get the DID info from the phone system? Or does it not?

I understand that if I upgrade to Voice Mail Pro, I get fax detection in users voice mail boxes and in auto-attendants. If these are forwarded to a fax server, how does it know who the recipient is?

Also, if I go the Voice Mail Pro route, how do people sending faxes go direct to the users voice mail box instead of having the user pick up the line?

Thanks in advance for any help!

John Wenger

Hope this helps... for question 1 and 2
Question:
How can I configure DDI to DTMF for use with fax servers?
Answer:
Individuals or departments can now have their own fax number. We pass the information to the fax server, which could only have one or two lines, as DTMF tones which identify the individual.
Configuration Example:
The Fax modem is on extension 216, set this extension for Caller Display Type = DTMFB. Configure a HuntGroup extension 500 with 216 as a member. Now Configure a User Fax501 on extension 501 and set Forwarding Unconditional to 500. Finally set an incoming call route of a personal fax number of 699001 to 501 ( or via a menu in VM Pro ).
Repeat for 502 etc...

Question 3...
Send incoming calls via incoming call route to a shortcode.
The shortcode is like this : *800/"?Username"/Voicemail Access/0
Create a menu in the "Leave" area of the user.
This menu has only have two options :
TimeOut goes to the user and "F" goes to the number as created according the answer on the first question.
You need to have a incoming call route and a shortcode for each user needing a fax-box.

Mabe there are easier ways to do it but this is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back