Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fax Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellegem

Technical User
Apr 3, 2003
ZA
Hi all,
I need to build a fax server but don't know really where to start. I need it
to work with winfax or any equivalent for a Windows environment. Does anybody
have any ideas? I've read abit of the fax docs and the Fax-server HOWTO but I
must be dense or something because I can't get it to work. Any ideas, tips,
pointers?

Regards
Wayne Gemmell

We've used hylafax in sever places, the server and the client are both rather easy to configure. Its the way to go. Puts winfax to shame.

Matt J.

I don't see a windows version of the client package, should I setup Winfax as the client? Any pointers?

MElle,
YOU ARE IN A LINUX SERVER FORUM. YOU ARE GOING TO GET LINUX RELATED ANSWERS. This is why people make fun of Windows users.....

Hylaxfax for Linux rocks!

Surfinbox.com Business Internet Services - National Dialup, DSL, T-1 and more.

I just did a spot check of the documentation, and apparently they recommend the following Windows clients for submitting and receiving faxes:

Also, they mention that the files tend to come over in TIFF format, so you just need to make sure that your client can read TIFF files...

J.R.

I've used the WHFC, no complaints. Works good, if you're in Word, do a File>Print, print to the fax driver that you install according to the instructions, and then you enter the number to fax to. That simple. Make take some work for you to get it running, but from the user's perspective it couldn't be easier.

Matt J.

I used efax and tkscanfax on my laptop.
tkscanfax is nice gui interface and worked well.
The efax configuration is very simple.
You can try it....:)

Using WHFC will allow you to use a printer driver that will fax out from a windows appliction. There are also good word macros if you want to do fax-merging etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back