Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fax server TIE lines. Need fax server to be able to utilized Nortel outbound routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddickenson

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2009
US
I have set up a TIE line between my CS1000M and a brooktrout fax card that belongs to a fax server.

I have set up DSC's to allow certain extensions to be routed over that TIE line but I need for the fax server to be able to make use of the PSTN connections on my Nortel for outbound faxes. I'm sure this is an easy thing to do but I can't wrap my head around where to start.

Any ideas?

If the connection is there, can you make calls to internal standard fax machines (ie 4 digit calls etc) If you can the route is set on the fax server side. Make sure you include a 9 (or what ever your access code is) in front of the number from the brook trout to the PBX so the PBX knows to route it externally when making normal fax calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back