Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fax server and exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlong07

Technical User
Nov 8, 2002
US
Does anyone know of a way to integrate the fax server in 2003 with Exchange so that incoming faxes are deposited in a particular mailbox (or group of mailboxes based on incoming policies). I can get the fax server to forward to a mail enabled personal folder in exchange, but this method causes you to lose all the sender information because the fax server treats this as a forward of the fax thus the sender information is a generic one that is entered in the fax server.

jlong, how do you have it setup to forward like that? also does anyone know how to setup exchange so that you can fax a message right from the "new message" window by just putting "fax (###) ###-####" in the "to" line?

In order to forward all faxes to an exchange public folder you have to first mail enable the public folder so that it has an email address. Once the folder has an email address attached to it, you can setup the fax server to send all incoming faxes to that particular email address in the routing setup. I can't remember the exact details because it has been a while since I was working with this, but I believe it is in the fax setup console under configuration (or something like that). Anyway there are several different options for routing, you can send all faxes directly to a printer, to a particular archive folder, or to an email address. If you select this last one and then specify the email address for the public folder then all faxes will go there. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back