Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fax on demand on R6

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocRobotnik

Technical User
Mar 29, 2012
CA
Hi !

I used to have some documents on my bcm 3.7 as fax on demand, i was creating them in TIF document and upload them to the server by the Nortel Networks CallPilot Desktop Messaging Voicemail tool software.

But now as i seen that tool don't work on R6 and the Avaya don't offert a voicemail tool with the desktop messaging, as i seen somewhere they want me to use a fax machine to send the document on the voicemail fax on demand... if i used the Fax suite it's because i don't have a fax.. i make PDF to TIF and here we go, when receive just print that it ! But i look no more possible, when i try to log in in Callpilot for the Ondemand it say 'You can't access this voicemail on this application' so where can i manage it ? i don't want to manage it on a terminal (set) !

There is an other way to sent a document in the MB ondemand except to use a physical fax ?

PS: Personal comment..

Since i changed to R6

I lost and access to windows Desktop to manage MANY USEFULL things !
I lost a full access to all Hardrive partitions and files manipulation as i wish
Lost the Command line
Lost Usefull NVMUTIL -flashtlk tools
Lost Software tools to manage mailbox easy. (F981Gui.exe)
Fax look more complicated.

Positive on R6

Advanced Page Productivity
Element manager more clear
Meet Me Conference look cool i tryed, but i don't use that..
Remoteworker look awesome, but voice channel problem on some internet provider, terminal work with system beep and text display but no voice or sound.

I seriously wonder if it worth... my only gadget that i really like is the advanced page productivity.. one feature i got that i like vs 6 old feature lost :/
A chance i keeped my 400 3.7 because i'm seriously thinking to install it back... Even if that BCM is full unlock, i'm losing the interest every time i see something that is no more possible but it was before on 3.7.. Here what is active...

ACTIVE 1 ICC Enabler
ACTIVE 1 Q.SIG
ACTIVE 1 MCDN
ACTIVE 1 Expansion Port
ACTIVE 1 VPIM/AMIS Msg Networking
ACTIVE 1 Fax Messaging
ACTIVE 1 Fax Suite
ACTIVE 1 S/W Raid
ACTIVE 1 Service
ACTIVE 1 NCM
ACTIVE 1 NCM
ACTIVE 1 ICC Reporting