Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fax network client setup failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

theorem5

Technical User
Jul 17, 2001
US
I am getting the following error on some machines when they connect to my Windows 2000 boxes running Metaframe XPa, service pack 2. The error message is "Fax network client setup failed. Please contact your system administrator.". Has anyone ever seen this? If so, how did you get rid of the message?

I've have seen this error before.
You have a Client that has fax printer setup as default ptr & you are using Autocreated Printers. The Citrix Server attempts to autocreate this Fax Ptr but can't & gives you that error.

I have the same, but only if I want to connect to the FR2 Server on a FR1 Server I don't have this problem. How can I fix the problem?

The fax printer is not the default printer. IT is just a printer they have installed.

To stop this from happenning, install the latest ICa client (6.30.1050). IT fixed the probelm immediately.

Just remove the fax printer driver, that worked this end on a number of 2k machines that actually install a fax printer driver when the os is installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back