Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fax Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

bliemsgirl

Programmer
Jan 24, 2005
SR
I'm having some problems setting up fax messaging in Call Pilot 4.0.

When I try to send a fax from my desktop to our fax machine I get CP to dial out, our fax machine picks up, but then my fax machine responds with a communication error. Any Ideas?

When I try it the other way around I also get an error. When I dial out from my fax machine back into the office I hear my Auto Att. message play and then shortly after I hear :Express Fax Messaging, Mailbox? When I enter 303, I get a quick busy tone as if there is no phone connected. Any ideas what could be wrong?

I have DN 8405 (voice) and 8406 (Multimedia Mess) in my sdn table as well as 805 which is for my auto att. message. My phone is also configured to be fwd/hunt to 8406.

forward has to be active, it should not ring phone first....just go straight to express fax messaging port

At the phone. The phone would not ring first, just be forwarded to the SDN you are using for Multimedia Messaging..

I thought you could do both voice and fax option, but have not been able to get it to work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back