Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fax Merge

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahve

Programmer
Nov 14, 2000
CA
Hi,

I'm using WinXP and Office2000 Pro. Without anything else, can I merge to fax a letter using an excel spreadsheet as the data source (ie one column with the name, one column with the fax no)?

When I try, the address book pops up and tell me that I there is no such contact. I do NOT want to use contacts in the address book, but the info from the excel file.

If it is possible, how is it done. If it is not possible, what do I need to use to do this (preferably without buying some other app).

Thanks.

yahve,

I use MS Office XP Professional. I also use Excel as my data source. I would NOT use "Address Book" for the Excel filename or any table within Excel. I would guess that you might be doing that.

I always name the range in my Excel workbook, where my MailMerge data resides.

Let me know how you make out.

:) Skip,
SkipAndMary1017@mindspring.com

He Skip,

No, I do not have anything that ressembles address book for the excel filename or for anything else. The window that pops up is named "Check names" and it says "No match found for 123-4567". It offers me to create a new contact or to look for more contact or to cancel (THAT WORKS, of course). It goes on like this for each name in the excel file.

I have no idea where it does the name checking since even if the contacts exists in the address book, I still get the same message...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back