Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fax mailbox keeps disabling 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollandho

MIS
Jun 8, 2006
CA
Hello Everyone: Call Pilot 5.0 with CS1000. I am having an issue that I cannot resolve - with faxing. The scenario is a DID (strictly used for incoming faxes) is in the idc table to a dn with voicemail on it and using MyCallPilot I have a rule to forward all faxes from that DN to an internal email address. This email address is on 6 peoples Outlook. None of them have call Pilot on their desktops as they do not need it and I have given one person the job of monitoring and changing the password every 3 months. She marks it on her paper calendar.

Every 2 or 3 days I check and the mailbox is disabled with at least 4 attempts to login and here is the message I see in Call pilot alarm monitor.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 7:25:24 AM 36212 Minor LDAP (BE) [] Mailbox Disabled ([LDAP (BE)] []) : 2:8301 (location:mailbox)

I know it must be someone trying to log in, but how would I find out who or what is doing it ? The person in charge of the password says she is not doing this. Could it be possible that a fax can disable the mailbox ?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as we plan on rolling this type of scenario out to 6 or 7 groups more.

Thanks in advance

Here is the TN of the DN

DES FX8301
TN 152 0 00 06 PHANTOM
TYPE 500
CDEN 4D
CUST 0
WRLS NO
DN 8301 0 MARP
AST NO
IAPG 0
HUNT
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 0
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
XLST 0
SCI 0
SCPW
CLS CTD DTN FBD XFD WTA THFD FND HTD ONS
LPR XRD AGRD CWD SWD MWD RMMD SMWD LPD XHD SLKD CCSD LND TVD
CFTD SFD MRD C6D CNID CLBD AUTU
ICDD CDMD LLCN EHTD MCTD
GPUD DPUD CFXD ARHD OVDD AGTD CLTD LDTD ASCD
MBXD CPFA CPTA DDGA NAMA MIND
MCRD
EXR0 SHL ABDD CFHD DNDY DNO3
CWND USMD USRD BNRD OCBD RTDD RBDD RBHD FAXD CNUD CNAD PGND FTTC
CDMR
PLEV 02
CSDN
AACS NO
MLWU_LANG 0
FTR DCFW 4 6699
DATE 8 JUN 2009

In CallPilot SDN I have as listed below

6699 | Multimedia Messaging | Fax | 0 | Default Max.| For all CallPilot Faxing

Probably one or more of the Outlook clients is trying to check the CallPilot mailbox using the wrong password.
Whenever she changes the mailbox password then the password on all the Outlook clients would have to be updated also. Maybe they are missing one.

I am trying to do something similar, I don't have a solution for your disabling trouble, but I am wondering about the rule, did you make it in call pilot somewhere, or is it in outlook?

BombOne - I made the rule in MyCallPilot and then it shows up in CallPilot after.

StanleySteamer - None of these people have CallPilot. That is what is so frustrating. What I need is a way to get a log or something that will tell me who is trying to access this mailbox.

I cant seem to find the forwarding options in mycallpiolt. I brows to my mycallpilot server, log into my mailbox, the only email settings I have available are message notifications. Could you tell me more specifically this setting is. I want to try it, and then I can also see if it disables my mailbox.

hollandho - Sorry, had to re-read your original post. I missed that you were forwarding the messages from CallPilot to another email address.
So you might try the Session Trace utility on the CallPilot server to see who is trying to log in.
Start > Programs > CallPilot > Tools (something like that).
The trace utility can be a resource hog on the server unless you are very specific with your criteria. Just make sure you choose "Login" for the Session type and specify only one mailbox. Also check the date range before you run it.
That may give you some clue if there is someone trying to log in from a phone. If there is someone trying to login directly to the mailbox from desktop then I'm not sure it will help. I don't think desktop messaging logins show up in the session trace.

To BombOne: That would be because when the mailbox was created in Call Pilot, I used FULL ADMINISTRATOR for the ADMINISTRATION TYPE and in the MAILBOX CLASS I also used ADMINISTRATOR.
This is the only way I found so far to get the MESSAGE FORWARDING RULE to appear in MyCallPilot.
I know this still needs tweaking but it works this way

I do not tell anyone that they have these ADMIN privileges

My apologies, I should have done this the first time.

StanleySteamer: I got the first part ok thanks to you, but when I click on the search button I have to select the Data Source. Do I look in SQLANY and what would be the DSN name?

You shouldn't have to select data source or enter a password as I recall/
Are you logged in with the administrator password for the server?
Also what CallPilot Service Update?

hollandho: thank you, I found it in class of service, there is a check box in the class of service that enables MESSAGE FORWARDING RULE, now I can configure it via mycallpilot. I have it set up and am going to try it for a while, I need to do the exact same as you, I have departments that share a fax number. I will keep an eye on the mailbox disabling. It hasn't so far, but I have only ran approx 20 faxes through it.

To All: For some reason there have been no more disabled accounts. I have not made any changes, but it has been 4 days so far.

StanleySteamer: I have not had a chance to get back in but I will try it again tomorrow. Meeting for the rest of today and free beer afterwards.

And you are welcome BombOne. Glad I could contribute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back