Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FAX Error from Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADW

Programmer
Jun 21, 2001
GB
When trying to fax via Outlook from a MAPI session it does not work; I get an email bounce back from the server stating that the email server or domain could not be found; It's like Outlook is trying to email the contact name rather than FAX the number in the contact.

The bounce back email specifically mentions the name in the contact;

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'John Smith' on 04/10/2007 10:58
The message could not be delivered because the recipient's destination email system is unknown or invalid. Please check the address and try again, or contact your system administrator to verify connectivity to the email system of the recipient.
<mydomain.co.uk #5.1.2>

Thanks in advance

Hi, ADW

I have this problem also in Outlook 2k2. Even if I force the account to fax transport before addressing, it still tries to send to an email addrsss if there is one.

Never found a solution so resorted to setting up separate contacts for people I need to fax where the business fax is the only address. That works but it is a kludge.

Jock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back