Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fax DN on Multiple voicemail boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

keefbeef

IS-IT--Management
Oct 7, 2009
GB
I have setup a DN to be used with call pilot faxing. It has been linked with a voicemail box. I was wondering if it is possible to attach the fax number to more than one voicemail user. This would mean that when a fax is delivered to a call pilot, it is sent to more than just one mailbox.

If this is possible, is it true to say that multiple voicemail users than then also send using the same fax number. These users would be using their own voicemail box, but that Fax DN is used with a number of different voicemail boxes.

Any direction would be much appreciated.

Incoming Fax to 1 MB outgoing is using routing and grabing a channel main # CLID.

Something I did was to set up a distribution list in outlook and in call pilot turned on the forwarding to a mailbox. Not sure if this will fit your scenerio, but it worked for me. Fax DN to CP shared mailbox that forwards the message to a DL in outlook. All users in the DL get the fax in their inbox. Will soon be looking into public folder delivery. Just some ideas

User extension DNs must be unique, so you cannot assign the same fax DN to multiple mailboxes.

We usually create a fax forwarding mailbox - a mailbox that is built only to receive faxes, then configure the message forwarding rule to forward any received faxes to a distribution list, or a shared folder, depending on the user's preference.

Each user that wants to send faxes via the Nortel Fax Print driver must have Fax allowed in the class of service of their mailbox. The fax is sent via the CallPilot server, so the CLID that is sent with the fax will be whatever you have assigned to the SCN keys of the CallPilot agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back