Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fax Channel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

krasemir

Technical User
Jun 11, 2007
JO

Hi all
As we know , wo programe ACD Agents for voice messaging type 2008 on PABX , THEN WE ADD THEM ON CALL PILOT SERVER , SO IF I HAVE 2 FAX CHANNEL LEICENED , DO I HAVE TO PROGRME THE SAME THING ON PABX THEN ADDED THEM TO CP SERVER AS A FAX CHANNELS?

Hello Krasemir,
Fax Channels will be programmed on the PBX same like Voice Channels.
On Callpilot Server Configuration Wizard mark the two Fax Channels as Multimedia.
You also have to define a Multimedia CDN on the PBX and in Configuration Wizard.
regards Wallä

thanks wallae
do you mean that i have to program another acd special for the multimedia cdn ?

Hello Krasemir,
you don´t have to program a new ACD, you also can use the same default ACD for the Multimedia CDN as the for the Messaging CDN.
regards wallae

Just for future reference all call pilot ports are programmed the same with the exception of symposium ports access/ivr. Where the difference comes in is in the programming of the DSPs and these are dynamically assigned to a channel depending on the call type hitting that port.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

I have problem when sending a fax, Fax channel get busy during sending , but on PABX all agents TN are in idle state. ( any explanation).

the FAX can send internally , but when after sending to the public network i got this message on out lock : the external telephone number used in addressing the message could not be dialed. Please verify the telephone number.(3)

do you think that the problem related to the prefix ??
I’ve just put the prefix any number , ( prefix is 5 ), or do I have to put a certain number , because I’ve seen in the form somebody who says that the prefix shod be 1+NPA

Witch i did not understand what they mean by NPA , we use here ACOD 9 reach public network

It may be the NCOS or TGAR of the CallPilot channels that prevent the call from going through. Make sure that is correct. Remember do NOT make a change to a set that is acquired. Even by CallPilot

I checked the tgar, ncos & prl , every ting will done.

again any explanation regard the PRIFEX & NPA please.

NPA is Numbering Plan Area or Area Code here in the US. As far as you faxing you would input the number just as you would if you were calling that number from your desk phone.

so as i used here just AC1 ( 9 ) , do i have to add it as prefix ?

why they said that the prefix should be like 1 + NPA +NXXX

As i said before i think that there is some related between the prefix and the Fax problem ???

krasemir...how do you make an outside call if you are
at your desk ? do you dial let say 9-555-5555 or 9 1 555-5555 or what ever when you want to fax outside the company
do just like you would at your phone the only difference
you are using a fax.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

exactly , just i dial the ACOD 9 then the external number to access the public network.

so again tell me what should be the prefix please ?

I don't know what you are talking about. I am going to guess that you are talking about the VPIM prefix. If the DID number is 615-555-7000 and the mailbox number is 7000 then I would make the VPIM prefix 6155557 with an overlap of 1.

This is what I think you are talking about and then the number inserted as the number to send the fax to would be (AC1)NPA-NXX-xxxx or (AC1)1NPA-NXX-xxxx or (AC1)NXX-xxxx, it all depends on your dialing plan.

Thanks tnphoneman

Yes , this is what I mean ,the VPIM Prefix.

our case as following :

NPA are not used

AC1 = 9

7070 is the Multimedia SDN ,with Mail box 2000
phanto DN 3333 with FTR DCFW 4 7070

when some one wants to send fax from out side , he has to dail 5973456 wich is DID to phantom DN 3333 .

could you please tell me what should be the VPIM Prefix in this case ?? and what you mean by overlap 1 ??

Well if the DN on the switch is 3333 and the DID are different numbers I am not sure on that one. Is 3333 the multimedia messaging cdn or is that his voicemail box?

Say his number is 5973456 and the internal dn is 3456(Phantom DCFW to the fax messaging DN) then I would set the overlap to 5973 with an overlap of 1. The overlap is how many digits in the VPIM Prefix overlap the DN of the mailbox.

Thanks for you answer.

it still not clear to me , look what i have exactly
have Pri with 30 channel, numbering start from 5579001 up to 5579030 . we assigned the 5579030 for fax, so whow wants to send fax from outside our company he has to dial 5579030 , as you see below in the IDC , it DID to the 3333 wich is aphantom DN with FTR DCFW 4 7070 . (7070 is the multimedia messaging cdn )

DCNO 2

SDID YES
IDGT CDGT
9020 4500
9030 3333

But I dont know if i understand correctly from what you are syaing ( Well if the DN on the switch is 3333 and the DID are different numbers I am not sure on that one )

that the phantom DN must be no different from the DID .

so if that ok ,what should be the DN in my case , as you see DID is 9030 to 3333 ( I can`t change the 3333 to 9030 because my ACOD IS 9 )

THANKS ALOT

ok then the vpim would be 557903 with an overlap of 3

Thanks alot tnphoneman

Iwill try this on monday morning , i`ll let you know what will happend.

you deserve 5 stars.

Thanks again

Dear tnphoneman

it`s work , thanks again

Glad to be of help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back