Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Favorites Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaneras

MIS
Mar 29, 2001
US
Hi Group,

How do I make it so my companies web page has a custom icon when you add it to favorites in IE? If it is added now it gets the IE icon, I want to add our companies icon (like Yahoo adds their Y logo icon instead of the IE icon) I am thinking it is in the HTML somewhere but cant figure where.

Also, does anybody know of a way so that when hitting a page you could have a button with checkbox's that says &quot;Add <shortcut name> icon to...&quot; and then it makes an icon to those items checked, desktop\quickstart\favorites? That way you dont have to type in the url in IE everytime you want to hit the page.

Thanks!
Shane

Shane,

If you add the following 2 lines to your
Code:
<head>
section:

Code:
<link rel=&quot;shortcut icon&quot; href=&quot;favicon.ico&quot; type=&quot;image/x-icon&quot;>
<link rel=&quot;icon&quot; href=&quot;favicon.ico&quot; type=&quot;image/x-icon&quot;>

And then create an icon file, which you place in the root of your website, that should work.

You can create icon files with many packages, but the best (IMHO) is Axialis IconWorkshop -
Read BabyJeffy's article here thread216-758943 about setting your homepage programatically.

Hope this helps!

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back