Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Favorites does not seem to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLG

Programmer
Sep 21, 1999
US
I have installed a version of ie5 from my Quicken2000 CD. When I press the favorites icon I am unable to save any favorites. The frame shows up on the left but does not allow entries.<br>
Using Win95. Also the favorites folder is not accessible from WinExplorer.<br>
Any ideas? Reinstall? I have tried the repair from control panel and did not correct the problem. <br>
Thanks<br>
<A HREF="mailto:donaldg@infomagic.com">donaldg@infomagic.com</A>

This is just a guess mind you.<br>
Internet Explore was put on the Quicken CD to provide help for Quicken.<br>
I suspect that for that reason the favorites and or other features were left out of that version on the CD.<br>
There is a set of Tools Microsoft provides for customizing Internet Explorer and thats probably what Intuit did with the the copy on that CD.<br>
<br>
So you need a Regualar version of IE 5 from somewhere else.<br>
<br>
<br>
<p> DougP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

You can try to rename the favorites folder, it is possibly corrupted.Boot to safe mode command prompt only and changeto the windows directory.Rename it from favori~1 to oldfav.When you reboot the favorites will be recreated.There is a kb article on this , I just dont know the article #.

I would definitely try downloading a full version of MSIE from Microsoft's page.<br>
<br>
Just as a side note... I had installed a version of Netscape off my network, and the Bookmarks tab does not save my added bookmarks. I tried uninstalling and then downloading from Netscape's website, with still no luck. I'm not sure, I assume there's something in there that hasn't been deleted yet... so make sure you do a full, clean uninstall (which is hard to do with IE- good luck).<br>
<br>
one last thing... might Tweak UI help? <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>
light the world, and bring depth to the silence."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back