Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Favicon

Status
Not open for further replies.

enochsfootwear

Programmer
Aug 11, 2004
US
HI,

I’m tried to add a favorite icon to our web sites pages. On our development server I can get this to work with
“<LINK REL=”SHORTCUT ICON” HREF= server/my web site/images/favicon.ico”
I can't seem to get this working on our production server which is HTTPS. Any ideas?

Thanks

I think it is working, but youre testing it with Explorer.
Try the following. Bookmark the page to your favorites, en the access the page via the bookmark.
This should work.
When you test it with Opera you can directly see the icon when entering the page.

Ummm,

Tried that same result. If I point the link to my production
server in the HTTPS page it works. Could there be something in IIS?

Thanks again

might be because you're using a nonsecure image in a secure page? your quotes in the sample are off

try changing to :
<LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="https://my server/my web site/images/favicon.ico">

[thumbsup2]DreX
aKa - Robert
if all else fails, light it on fire and do the happy dance!

Also, browsers will pick up on a favicon by just putting it loose in the root folder of the site, without any mention of it on any page. That may simplify things for you.

Yea,

Tried that too. Not sure whats happening, it's probably not worth going the headach.

Thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back