Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Faulty CPPM Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dclake

IS-IT--Management
Feb 3, 2009
LC
I had an outage at a customer today. It began with them loosing service and I decided to reboot. I however cannot ping any addresses on the CPPM card. The Hard drive light is light like there is activity as well as the interfaces. Any ideas as to what is going on?

Previous threads have suggested that the memory card has failed, but do you get any Ethernet activity LED's during the power up sequence?. Do you or have you connected up the serial port onto your computer at 9600 baud and see if you can get into BIOS as I've found that this isn't available when I've had faulty CPPM cards.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

We have those go out often upon power restarts.

The only thing we have found that sometimes wakes them up is reseating the card.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

you can have a
CPPM co-res sysetm
CPPM call server (1000E)
CPPM Sig / UCM server

depending what it is, ALL of them boot with a BIOS screen on port one, on the Serial connection, as suggested above, best place to start, see if anything shows up on bootup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back