Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

faulty 1608-i phones restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlfredRock

Technical User
Jan 9, 2012
MX
hi!

I've finished implementing an IPO 500 r8.1(81) and 28 of 100 avaya 1608 phones are having this issue the phone boots, read the .bin file then change the screen and when it have to show the "dhcp * to configure" the phone restarts, so I have no option to enter the configuration to try to reset defaults or something, do you have a similar problem?
it seems odd to me the amount of faulty phones in one implementation.

we're in Mexico, so if you have any info it would be appreciated.

Regards!!!

have you tried to take them off the network and just plug them into a PoE brick?

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Try to connect only ONE of the faulty extensions, if it works, log in to system status and read the mac address

The phones read the ha1608ua1_343A.bin, then reboot.

It won't start so it is difficult to upgrade/downgrade... also the remaining working phones hace the same .bin

I supposed all are faulty, it just seems odd that 28 of 100 are bad

Is it counting dhcp? If it's immediately rebooting without counting dhcp sounds like duplicate mac address issue related to a firmware downgrade. If the phones managed to boot (perhaps do one at a time unplug all other phones) you can check mac address under menu and then network settings

our phones are broken.
They where on newer firmware and downgraded and there was/is a problem with that with certain firmware.
You need to send them to Avaya and let them get fixed.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back