Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Father Of The Bride Speech

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeGustaXL

Technical User
Aug 6, 2003
GB
Hi,

My daughter's getting married later this year, so I'm starting my Father Of The Bride speech.

Any hints/tips/jokes or special lines I can use?

Chris

Someday I'll know what I'm donig...damn!

Whatever you do, do not say what Rowan Atkinson said here [lol]

---- Andy

There is a great need for a sarcasm font.

ladies and gentlemen, and the rest of you.
If i could just say a few words... I'd be a better public speaker.

Compliment the bride. Compliment the lovely bridesmaids who look wonderful tonight. Welcome to the family to the son.
Make a joke about shes yours now. here's the keys. no warranty, no receipt. Toast to the lovely couple.
As for the rest of you, Party on dudes!

Sit down and shut up.

Depending on the URI configuration the ICR can be completely ignored.

If your URI is configured to use internal data then the IP Office will look into the user's SIP tab and if you have *'s it will look into ICR.

A madman with a taste for speed.

Recount some memories that reflect on the best qualities of your daughter.

Basic recipe is Good quality --> example.

Remember that the day is about her, not you. Do not say "I remember when my daughter helped a lost puppy." Rather, say "My daughter is kind and compassionate. For example, when she was 10 she helped a lost puppy."

You could make a joke about the dowry finally being big enough... XD

Other than that, I think Holdmusic nailed it.

Just my $.02

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back