Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fatal Exeption when opening a certain folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntjr

Programmer
Jun 12, 2000
US
I am running a Gateway Solo 2300 laptop, 166 mHz, 32 MB RAM, 3 Gig disk, and Win95B. I've had it for about two and a half years.<br><br>Anytime I try to open a paritcualar folder in Windows Explorer, I get the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). It's a Fatal Exception 0E at 0157:BFF9A25B. It's exactly the same address every time. No drivers are named.<br><br>This problem only happens on one folder and none others. By the way, this happens on an Extended DOS FAT32 parition.<br><br>Any help would be greatly appreciated! <p>Phil Hunt<br><a href=mailto:philh@dqc.com>philh@dqc.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

If the folder name isn't critical then try creating a new folder, copying the contents of the dodgy folder into the new folder and deleting the dodgy folder. Obviously you will need to do this via a DOS window.<br><br>Eg.<br><br>c:<br>cd \<br>md &quot;new_folder&quot;<br>cd &quot;new_folder&quot;<br>xcopy &quot;dodgy_folder&quot;\*.* /e<br>&nbsp;<br>Then go into explorer, check you can access everything in the new_folder, then and ONLY then delete the dodgy folder.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back