Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fatal exception 0E 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

haldor

Technical User
Sep 23, 2000
SE
Hi!

I get the blue screen with this error:

A FATAL EXCEPTION 0E HAS OCCURRED AT 0028:C00071D5 IN VXD VMM(01)+000061D5...

This often happens when I try playing games, not all the time though. It has never happened when using other applications other than games.

My system:

Computer - Fujitsu Siemens T-Bird
Motherboard - Micro Star MS-6156VA/VIA 693A
PIII 600
128 MB SDRAM
Graphic - Prolink MVGA-NVTNT2MA (Riva TNT2 Model 64, 32 MB AGP)
Sound - Creative ES 1373

I bought the computer (new) a few weeks ago. Sometimes I can start the game and play a while, sometimes I don't even get in. I suppose the problem has to do with the graphic card. Just wanted to hear if anyone else has the same problem and if there is a solution (other than replacing the card).

Thanks [sig][/sig]

I have the same problem with a very similar system. I reinstalled 98/directx8/tnt2 drivers 3 times in different order/confirguration.
Still no luck. :(

Since noone send any answers to my problem, I kinda forgot about this site. Sorry :)
The solution I found?

Go to

Download
VIA 4-in-1 Driver

and install it. This solved my problem, I hope it does the same for anyone out there with the same trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back