Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 7 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hilal10

Technical User
Mar 13, 2003
US
I install architectural desktop 3.3 on a windows 2000 pro machine, it runs perfect the first few times, I restart the computer, it works fine for one time and then I recieve this error:
FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 77e9edc4h
I noticed this happened on another machine after installing solid works 2001 plus.
I reinstalled arch desktop again it runs fine twice the same problem occures.
I went to the autodesk support and upgraded with sevice packs 1,2
it worked twice and the same thing happened again.
so i don't know what to do,
i would appreciate it if anyone can help me with this problem.

WinXP Pro, pentium4, 256RAM

hilal,
I was running Autocad2002, untill a week ago...when I tried installing ADT2004...it was fine the first time, then It started giving FATAL ERROR at startup (logo screen):
"Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 77e72b5ah"

So I removed ADT2004, and re-installed Autocad2002, the installation was successfull, the programs ran very well at first, but then it started giving that same Fatal Error at startup (logo)

Note that I was running the SAME autocad2002 before, installed from the SAME CD!

after trying everything, I even re-formatted my hard disk, and re-installed WinXP Pro... the same error is still there.

After many installing and uninstalling Autocad2002, and trying all sorts of patches and SP, I noticed one thing,
maybe it can help:

The error starts happening about 30-45mn after installation!!!
(or after applying SP) regardless of how many times you run autocad, or if you reboot or not.

I havent found any solution yet, please reply if you have any news about it, other users here as well, any help would be highly appreciated.
thank you.

I have exactly the same error as b612 only it's on Acad 2000.

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 77e72b5ah

I work on Windows XP professional
Nvidia TNT2
256 Ram
P3 600Mhz

Please help.
Thanks

i am having the same problem on autocad 2004 i was wondering if anyone has found a solution yet

The fatal error : unhandeled access violation blah blah can happen for a number of reasons.

On older systems it can be caused by running windows 98 with an uncompatable Internet Explorer. Update internet explorer or disable the Autocad today window in the registry.

On more up to date O/S you should install the latest RTS patch from the autodesk website.

Seee if it helps....

Kind Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back