Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fatal Alert using Find in Palm

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharonFinLV

Technical User
Aug 15, 2002
US
When I try to use the Find in my Palm-based Visor Prism, it results in a Fatal Alert:
TextMgr.c, Line:751, NULL source

Sometimes it will start searching and listing matches, other times it goes directly to the error.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks!
-Sharon

Do you have any hacks installed?
If so, disable all hacks and try it again.

tgus

I'm sorry, but what do you mean by "hacks"?

-Sharon

Hacks are programs that will allow you to do things on a palm you normally would not be able to. Like a backgroung picture.

Did you try a hard reset. You will lose all your data, but when you sync with the PC, you will get it back. -God Bless

'Hacks' are Palm OS extension applets, commonly called "hacks". To run these hacks you need another program, sometimes called system extensions managers, like; 'Hackmaster' or 'X-Master' or 'TealMaster'.

Some types of hacks are; alarm managers, startup screens, removing the dotted line in memopad, type ahead, etc...

The problem with hacks is, they can cause conflicts with other programs.

While JP1 is right, you can try a hard reset. And he is also right that you will lose everything on your Palm. He may not be right about getting it all back when you resync. This depends on if you have other applications and data installed on your Palm. If you're only using the basic Palm Desktop apps then you're probably safe. But if you are synching to other software like Outlook or Lotus Notes or have other programs you may not be as safe.

Have you installed any extra programs on your Visor? I have a lot of great programs on my Visor, but I stay away from hacks!

tgus

I do have other programs installed. How do I identify hacks...
...already installed?
...before I download/install?

Good stuff and quick response, I love it!

Thanks!
-Sharon

Do you have any of the programs I mentioned above?

If not, have you installed anything new lately?

What programs do you have installed?

tgus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back