Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fasttrak in IBM won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyFo

Programmer
Feb 14, 2005
US
Hi, I am trying to install a Fasttrak TX4200 in an IBM eServer (xSeries 236, Dual 3.2GHz, 8GB RAM). Windows was installed on this machine prior to the installation of the Fasttrak controller and the Maxtor 300GB SCSI drive connected to the controller. The IBM machine has a 70GB "hotswap" SCSI drive in it's bay and that is the only other drive.

When I inserted the card and the drive, I began boot. I entered the FastBuild Utility and hit "1" to autoconvert the disk. There were no disks recognized, so I converted the disk from "JBOD" to "Spare" then hit "1" again and it worked - I am doing this on two machines, on one I created and initialized, on the other I just initialized. Neither has worked - after creating the logical volumes, I restart the machine but it will not boot. It loops through the boot process - trying to make it boot from HD0 (or HD1) does not work, as it asks for insert disk. Reinstalling windows after creating does not work either.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back