Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FAStT 200 controller issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethanshore

Programmer
Jul 23, 2004
US
Hi. I've just inherited a FASTtT 200 dual controller. I can ping and connect to controller B using storage manager. However, controller A I can ping, but storage manager cannot connect to it.

When I connect over the serial port, configure the network settings and issue a sysReboot I get the following:

Current Date and Time: July 23, 2004 14:52:35

Send <BREAK> for shell access or baud rate change
undefined symbol: _VKI_OPEN
undefined symbol: _VKI_IODEV_ADD
undefined symbol: _hostBusResetIgnore
undefined symbol: _VKI_CLOSE
undefined symbol: _VKI_IOCTL
undefined symbol: _VKI_IODRIVER_INSTALL
undefined symbol: _VKI_USECWAIT
undefined symbol: _VKI_MSECWAIT
undefined symbol: _VKI_READ
undefined symbol: _VKI_WRITE
ld error: error reading file (errno = 0x1c0001).

PSV Initialization
==================
ERROR 9F.01: Flash file "RAID" is corrupt or has unresolved references

Network ready

Kernel initialization complete

It seems to be that I'm having an os issue. Unfortunately I'm new to both FAStT and VxWorks. Could someone suggest a course of action to fix/debug this issue?

Thanks alot

Reflash the firmware on the offending controller through the shell. Probally corrupt appware. This can be done by connecting via the serial cable and telnet, and entering the boot ops menu. You can also try to reseat the offending controller, and letting it do a code synch. If all else fails call support you could have a gimp controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back