Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FastStart and SCNs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmicsniper

Programmer
Jun 1, 2005
US
Hi all,
Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday.

Wanted to take a poll on the use of "Enable Fastart" in regards to IP Trunks used with SCN Voice Networking enabled. Avaya SCN docs state to not use faststart while 4.2 Manager docs say to use faststart when also enabling SCN.

My past experience with faststart has been with the use of PC Softphones at the extenion level - never enabling it on ip trunks. There appears to be an Avaya documentation issue surrounding it. (shocking huh?) ;-)

Happy New Year!

ACS Implement IP Office

I have the same thought
I never used it and never had problems with it

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

I have sites both ways. In the old docs it did not say to use it. now it does. It has worked both ways for me without any major issues. Now every site i put in i turn it on if there is SCN.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Happy New year everyone.....

Me too
I have had some sites not working, then ticking enable fast start brings the scn into life, So
I always tick the box

Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm.Or is that another upgrade?

ACA - Implement IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back