Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FastRAD 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2005
US
A FastRAD unit came with this system. Is this easy to use? Is there any software that I need to DL onto my PC first?

How about if there is a password that needs to be reset?

Dave,
The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas, NV USA

"You're Never Alone When You're Near A Phone!"

...Lily Tomlin
a/k/a "Ernestine

you will need NRU 10 software and if it is at the default then there isn't any password.

Thank you. Were can I DL it from?

Also, do I connect the Loop lines right into the cabinet via the female AMP cable or via the M12XO module then to the KSU via a fiber cable like I did with the voice mail module.

Dave,
The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas, NV USA

...Lily Tomlin
a/k/a "Ernestine

Erad is easy to use. Just download nru 10 from nortel. When you run the software and connect to the erad, your pc displays a 7310 phone for programming. This can be changed to a 7324.

Connecting lines.
If you are using an 8*24 system you have 8 lines built in.
If all 8 are used up you will need a 4 cct trunk card and a trunk module. All trunk modules connect by fibre to your expansion card. If connecting via an expansion card, trunks start at the highest number.

If you are using a 0*32 carryout one of the following.
For the analogue trunk card, place it in the system or trunk module. If the card is a global trunk then your module needs to be a global trunk module if the card is to be placed into it. With global trunks don't forget the 5 sets of pins at the front of the card. Short pins 1 & 2 if the card is going into a global trunk module. Short pins 2 & 3 if the card is going into the 0*32 system.

If the erad has a password allready in it follow these steps.

Set sytem date to 21/11/2000
Using a 7310 phone press 'feature' '9**'
erad will ask for password
use the 3 buttons below the display
press 'left button' 9 times
press 'middle button' 3 times
press 'right button' 7 times
Press 'hold'
Press '2'
display will read 'nvram default'
wait for display to read 'fastrad d'bugger'
press 'rls'

access erad 'feature' '9**'
select 'chg' when promted for password
follow onscreen instructions
I have done this from memory. If it does not work try again, but press left 7 times then right 9 times.

IF YOU SWITCH THE ERAD OFF OR PERFORM A RESET YOU WILL NEED TO FOLLOW THIS PRECEDURE AGAIN.

Thank you. I may have a few questions later. One right now is can I get the DL from Nortel for free? Do you have the Nortel DL link for this program?

Dave,
The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas, NV USA

...Lily Tomlin
a/k/a "Ernestine

do a search on google for norstar manager software.
one of the results at the top will be for nortels site.
I can't remember the name of the site but this should get you the results you are after.
If it doesn't just let me know and I'll have a look for you.

If you were reinstalling a system like this with 10 sets and 5 loop lines including 2 door phones and loud speaker paging. Traing and a 12 warranty what would you bid this job for?

Dave,
The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas, NV USA

...Lily Tomlin
a/k/a "Ernestine

and register as a user.

Look for NRU 11 in the documents and downloads, not NRU 10. NRU 10 doesn't have the map files needed for backup and restore and you would have to download those separatly and that is a pain.

NRU 11 added the map files in the download.

No wiring? Minimum 10-14 hours including training time for the incompetent enduser that just doesn't get it.

Figure your replacement cost for the system getting eaten by lightning and go from there as far as pricing maintenance.

Thank you. I was all ready to go over there today to talk money and this guys says he does not discuss money on Sat. for religious reasons.

I already told him that this is not going to be just a few hundred and that his phones are the most important part of his business. He already had his electrician screwing around with the station wires to hook up a SLS wiring is not even on the block it is twisted together with wing nuts.

This place must have about 1M in equipment being installed. They clean laundry for the hotels here in Vegas.

I am looking at about 5K which includes everything, refurb, wiring and 6 new sets, loud speaker paging interface, premise visits/trip charges including a 12 month warranty on parts and labor.

Dave,
The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas, NV USA

...Lily Tomlin
a/k/a "Ernestine

BTW I just tried registering on the NT site and it is a nightmare. Still can't in and my password no longer works. Any suggestions?

Dave,
The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas, NV USA

...Lily Tomlin
a/k/a "Ernestine

Finally was able to register on Nortel site.

Searched and searched on Nortel site for nru 11 under DL and can not find it.

Do you have a link?

Dave,
The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas, NV USA

...Lily Tomlin
a/k/a "Ernestine

Nortel will nto let me DL as a Guest.

Dave,
The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas, NV USA

...Lily Tomlin
a/k/a "Ernestine

How nice of them. Well, I did see the software listed on eBay. This is why I like ATT/Lucent/Avaya all of their docs and most of their software is online and free.

Dave,
The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas, NV USA

...Lily Tomlin
a/k/a "Ernestine

The download of Release 10 is Free, you need to pay for 11.
What is the software level of the system? Below 7 you are ok with Rls. 10.

NARSBARS

I didn't pay for NRU 11, I just went to Helmsman and downloaded it.

Crowtalks,
Do you have special vendor access? 11 was a chargeable item.
If it is free now, can you post the link? I can log into Nortel, but last time I tried 11 was not free.
Thank you
Narsbars

NARSBARS

Who and were is the Helmsman?

Dave,
The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas, NV USA

...Lily Tomlin
a/k/a "Ernestine

My company is a partner with full support and access.
I wasn't thinking about that when I posted last.

Helmsman is a document site for Nortel Networks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back