Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FastEthernet Routing on Cisco 3640 using 3 fastethernet interfaces??

Status
Not open for further replies.

doior

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2000
US
I would like to setup a Cisco 3640 just using 3 fast ethernet interfaces. One ethernet interface would have two different IP networks being routed to it via an Ethernet connection handed off by the Fiber provider. The next two interfaces would have the two networks being provided broken down to route between them. In other words, I would like to split the two networks inside the router on our end. I would appreciate any tips with the config. Right now, I am thinking of using a secondary IP and access-lists on the fast ethernet port connected to the provider.

Thanks in advance!

so in other words as an example..

you have a /24 being routed to you via your isp
you would like to split that into two /25's internally

that is pretty straight forward... you just need to put the ip address's on the interface with the right masks.

Well I have not received the network info yet, but it should be a /28 and a /29 with two totally different ranges. The reason for this seperation is for the Cico VPN. It has made a diffence in the past to split the concentrator from the firewall's network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back