Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

faster upload than download dual nic T1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MVD100

Technical User
Dec 10, 2008
US
I just added a bonded 2xT1 to my office. I now have faster speed but not what I was expecting. My download speed is about 1.9Mbps and the upload is 2.8Mbps. Why is the upload faster and not symmetrical on a full duplex 2xT1? When I connect directly to the Adtran I see 2.8up/down. My setup is an Adtran 908e for the bonded T1's to an ASA 5505 for the firewall and VPN, then the SBS 2003 with dual nic. I have verified all IP addresses, DNS and forced full duplex 100Mbps on ASA and nic. What else? Thanks.

Thanks technome for you reply. However I am not a subscriber to your link. I have set the external nic on my SBS to 100/Full and the internal nic is set to Auto detect. I do not have any other switch or device between the ASA and the external nic on the SBS.
Any other thoughts?

Strange, I am not a subscriber and I get link fine.

Anyway, the link states to hard code both NICs, not to set either as auto, and if possible the switch

Try this one, this is the cached link, scroll all the way down.

On my "teams", working on small business networks I turn off "flow control", you might try that.

Chernobyl disaster..a must see pictorial

Well I found one configuration error. The Adtran 908e inside port was configured as 100/half duplex. I changed it to 100/full. Download bandwidth seems to have improved but not what I would think is enough ~2.3 down, 2.8 up. The average download is still less than 2Mbps. Again, this is a bonded 2xT1. I am now running speed tests connected directly to the ASA and not going thru the SBS. I have confirmed the ASA configuration as 100/full on inside and outside ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back