Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Faster dialing

Status
Not open for further replies.

joehump

Technical User
Feb 11, 2003
US
Has anyone figured out how to make the system dial out faster. Every system that I put in I get the same complaints about taking 6-8 seconds before the call is ringing at the other end. I tried deleting all of the [9] codes and just making a short code of
Telephone number N
Trunk goup 1
feature dial

After doing this the speed increased by about 5 seconds and the customer loved. But in the process redial quit working.

Any thoughts??

I ran into the same problem, and upon fooling around with the many characters in this thing, got it to work like this.

make your short code as follows:

[9]N N Dial 0

However, if you are going to implement dial restrictions, say 1900, 1976, etc. this code will not work, or at least on my system it wouldn't. Avaya told me you must use secondary dial tone as the feature in order for it to work. But hey, it dials faster and u can use redial this way.

Good Luck heykid26 [cannon]

To adjust the dial delay time you can go into Manager, select system, telephony tab and decrease the Dial Delay Timer, default is 4000 you can decrease it here to your own specs. I have found that 1500 works OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back