Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fast report slow viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kss444

Programmer
Sep 19, 2006
US
Hello All,

I am using crystal 2008.

I have spent the last few day's trying to speed up my report in the viewer. I have sped the report up greatly when working in Crystal's IDE.
But when I add the report to our 3rd party application it's like the previewer is slow to show the report.
I have the report running in just under one minute in the crystal IDE, but from Avantis it take 5 to 10+ minutes to show up in the viewer.

Avantis just uses crystal reports and the runtimes for displaying reports. Avantis is kindof like an ERP system that we use.
The canned reports and our other customized reports seem to run fine, but this one report started taking 5-10+ minutes a few weeks ago. No changes have been made to the report. Until I was tasked with looking at it.

I've taken out the 2 subreports, and I've done all the tweaking and tips to speed up reports, and like I said the report is much faster, but not when viewing from the viewer.

Ordinary Programmer

Are you running the report in Crystal and Avantis from the same workstation ?

Viewer, scheduler and report manager for Crystal reports and SSRS.
Send your report everywhere.

No, I modify the report in Crystal 2008, then move the file to a network share that has all of our reports that Avanits uses then a user of Avantis will run the report every morning. There are about 5 different people that run the report ever morning.

The report use to run in 2 minutes, but over that last 2 months it has taken 5, 10+ minutes to run.
Nothing has changed on the report.

Ordinary Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back