Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fast Report multi-page report

Status
Not open for further replies.

svanels

MIS
Aug 18, 1999
SR
I am using an application with FastReports and I managed to have a multi-page (composite) report, it has multiple queries and graphs bound to the pages.
Is there a way to print the individual pages (topics) without reverting to using the print dialog or chopping the original report in separate report components?

Something like "frxResults.ShowReport(page1)"

Any ideas?

Steven

I have an application that uses QuickReports to generate multiple reports. I've also tried FastReports and found them to be very close to QuickReports by comparison. I spent a LOT of coding time to get everything, particularly printed output, just the way we wanted.

In the end, I just hard-coded my app it to always send the output to PDF, through a pdf-printer driver. We then use Adobe Acrobat to control hard copy prints, saving copies, sending as email attachment or print sellected page (as you asked).

QuickReports generation (FastReports in your case) becomes an intermediate step, invisible to the user. The interface just shows the PDF.

Although I used a commercial product in my app to generate the PDFs, there's an excellent free download at:
I think this is the same product, also free:
The before mentioned commercial product I used was Neevia DocuPrinter and SDK (for Delphi interface source):

I realize I didn't exactly answer your question but in the end I found this to be the way to go for document distribution.

HTH

Roo
Delphi Rules!

Thanks, but I am still in the dark, in the past I used gnostice to generate pdf files, but now I use the commercial version of FastReports that also has the PDF generator included (so no need for gnostice anymore).

Anyway thanks

Steven

The FastReport newsgroups are very active and have a long retention period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back