Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fast Data Access MMU Miss 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

solaris26

Technical User
Jan 18, 2001
GB
Hi
After the normal installation of the operating environment on a SUN Enterprise 220R I get the message "Fast Data Access MMU Miss" from the OK prompt.
After that when I attempt to install SOLARIS 2.6, (boot cdrom - install" I can't use the keyboard. A single key press produces a character 20 times, as if the speed of the keyboard is not synchronised wtih the speed of the keyboard interrupts. As a result I cannot login or progress any further.
Any hints??
thanks

Hi,

Are you by any chance using CPUs => 400 MHz ???

To sort the Fast Data... error, set the AUTO-BOOT? to FALSE from OK prompt, and then type reset-all. When the system boots and goes to the OK prompt, type 'limit-ecache-size' and then boot or 'boot-cdrom' etc..

Problem is with Solaris 2.6 and early versions of 7 not being able to handle 400=> CPUs with 8Mb Ecache... 4Mb seems ok but can still be flakey. You need to boot as above and then (for Sol 2.6) load a full rec. patch set.

Hope this helps, but let me know if you still get problems.

Darren Rathbone
dmrathbone@yahoo.co.uk

Darren,
thank you very much for your help.
I found that it was a problem with a patch missing.
Since installed everything is fine.
Many thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back