Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fast busy when dialing local prefix

Status
Not open for further replies.

abartolino

Technical User
Apr 4, 2008
US
Receiving a fast busy signal when dialing local prefix of 469. I did a prt in LD 90 for NXX 469 and received the following.

prt
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE nxx

NXX 469

NXX 469
RLI 1
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

If it used to work, and you can call it from your cell phone (or from another company) and you have other NXXs pointing to RLI 1 that do work, then the trouble to describe to telco is "Can't dial numbers in the 469 exchange, possible translations error in Central Office"

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

ld 86 prt rlb 1... then check the route that the rlb points to... ld 21 ltm and prt rdb... you can trace the acod of a route to see how many trunks are in use..

if it's just one phone then check the ncos of the station against the frl of the rlb

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I get a fast busy on all phones no matter thge time of day. During work hours or after hours when everyone has gone home. I'm checking with the local telco to see if they can provide any answers.

This definitely sounds like a translation issue as listed above. Can you dial this number as if it were long distance? In other words using the area code when dialing. If so, you made need to use the DGT tables to add the area code in there. Sometimes Telco changes the billing on local exchanges so your local T1 wont access it.

sorry for the delay in my response.

I am unable to dial the local number using the area code.

are you required to dial 7 or 10 digit?

if 10 digit, you'll have to at least modify your NPA records to make the NPA/NXX combo go out the correct RLI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back