Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fast Busy on Transfer to Voice Mail Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamlegend

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2003
US
The issue:

The main operator extension in our office is "10". Recently, any attempt to transfer a call directly into the voicemail box of extension "10" results in a fast busy signal, and no transfer. Call transfers to the extension still work correctly.

Any thoughts on this?

Sounds to me like there is no personal mailbox (not general mailbox like 9991,9997, etc.) set up for this user. I guess by your name we are talking about a legend. What type of VM?
Wes

Also verify that 10 is programmed in the voice mail cover group (usually 30)

franke

Sorry about that. Legend 7.0 V10 with Merlin Mail. The personal mailbox is set up, as I can access the box from both a normal login into 10, as well as an admin login from 9997. The persons name and password are there and work fine.

What class of service did you assign to the mailbox?

Charlie Coale
magixtrainer@aol.com

Franke-

For what it is worth, tranfers directly to vm on 10 worked perfectly for about 2 months, so I not not clear on how something could get bumped out of its proper programming.

Could you walk me through how to verify that the extension is in the vm cover group?

Chcoale- I will verify the COS and get back to you.

Extensions ¡ú More ¡ú Group Cover ¡ú Dial group no.
(1¨C30)¡ú Enter ¡ú Dial ext. no. ¡ú Enter ¡ú Back ¡ú Back

(This is done from the console, SPM or WinSPM)

franke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back