Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Farm Migration (NT Domain to ADS) ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 26, 2001
IE
One for the wiser one's than I:)
We will be migrating to ADS from NT4 domain within next couple of month's (yes, I know!).
My nervous question is this:
Has anyone completed a migration from NT4 to ADS, with the existing Citrix Farm being also migrated to ADS? Server IP's will remain same as-is.
Any hickups/nightmares/foibles?

Rgds,
Peter (nervously).

Rgds,
Peter Mannion.

I don't like migrates or upgrades. I like new builds. You just never know what you will take with you.

Lets start with OS of Citrix farm currently ?

[blue] Oh you know, just doing what I do.[/blue]

Cheers
Scott

I'm of the same mind-frame Ascotta, but can't face the literal nightmare of liasing with the vendors once again :) (though not ruling a clean Citrix build parallel with Migration)
Anyway, some details that I should have put in first post:

Server OS: Windows Server 2000
Citrix version: Citrix MetaFrameXPs SP4 FR3

What I'm hoping is to put off my planned upgrade of Citrix to PS4 until post domain migration, then also have the Server OS @ Win2K3.

Rgds,
Peter Mannion.

Hmmmmmmm I have just done acouple of things, not quite in your box but close.

I have upgraded an NT4 to PS 4.0 quite painless.

Migrated using some new kit to Win2K3 AD from Win2k NT4 if that makes sense.

If I was you I might be tempted to leave Citrix @ W2K and migrate to PS4 after the AD. To be honest the AD thing is quite easy from a Citrix perspective.

Cheers
Scott

Cool bananas Ascotta, pretty much exactly what I was thinking. Nice to get it back from those in the know though :)

Rgds,
Peter Mannion.

Who told you that rubbish and strike him/her off your christmas card list.[wink]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back