Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FAQ: Connection time calculation preloader 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

davdesign

Technical User
Oct 21, 2000
GB

Click FAQ250-630

Bignewbie, I've taken this a few steps further tweeking some of the previous sripting along the way. It now calculates the 'average' connection time (which on my tests made it much more accurate and you don't have to wait till the movie is loaded to see the connection rate) and allows the calculation of the time remaining for the movie to load in full.

dave davdesign@pinkzeppelin.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Virt: cheers mate! Were the values accurate on your side? I ask because I'm on a 0.5K/s average connection over here (and this shows accurately when I go the the page) but the only other tests I've made are in debugging, and we all know how frail that can be. ;-)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

worked fine over here..i tell you what man i think that is very professional..a preloader like that..nice...it will definatly be used on all my sites that i create in the future..once again man very nice work..

by the way..you get a star just for being so d.a.m.n smart..

cheers virt, let me know when you make your version.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

will do!!!

Great work, Dave

P.

ps that deserved a second star ;-O

P.

cheers Patricia, hope it comes in useful for you! davdesign@pinkzeppelin.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

dave,

been swamped with work lately, the apparent cause of the delay of this reply. Nice worked! couldn't have done it better myself. Thanks for the deed, i really appreciate this. looks like the stars are gleeming tonite, and i think they're shining on you dav. way to go!

you're one of the reasons why this forum has over 70,000 members.

again, thanks and Godspeed!

biggie

p.s.

Patricia, en date d'aujourd'hui je n'ai toujours pas reçu votre CD d'cAol. Mais souci de dont il viendra par la suite, les prises justes un bit longtemps à livrer, je devinent. Le service postal ici est plus mauvais que d'où u r. Je vous informerai immédiatement quand il arrive. Merci.

cheers big davdesign@pinkzeppelin.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Big,

very impressive!!! wow! you've turned polyglott overnight! LOL

I hope you'll get the cd soon. Good luck ;-)

Patricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back