Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

False Message Waiting Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPostula

Technical User
Oct 8, 2008
US
Hello all. I'm fairly new to Nortel programming, and have used this site quite a bit. Thankyou for all the great posts. I am having a problem with my system and was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction. I have a Meridian 1, Option 81 and am using Callpilot for my voicemail functions. We recently started getting false Message Waiting indications on about 20 of my phones. The users check their voice mail and are told they have no new messages and the MWI goes out. This happens to these phones around twice a day.

I checked the Callpilot system using session trace and there seems to be no events causing this. We migrated to Callpilot from Meridian Mail back in Febuary, but have not uninstalled Meridian Mail yet; however, we are not using it and no longer have Meridian Mail Mananger to access it.

I'm not sure if that is enough information. Any help is greatly apprecited.

Jared

I was kind of leaning towards that, but why would 20 phones act up at the exact same time? Is there a way to delete the mailboxes or the association with Meridian Mail without Meridian Mail Manger? All I have available right now is a serial connection to my meridian mail.

If Meridian Mail has no purpose, just power it down. that's the easiest and least technological challenging.

If you have a serial connection to MerMail - can you log in?

You don't need anything but that serial terminal to do everything that Mail can do.

~~~
GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back