Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

faint dell monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
my monitor is very dark. At first I thought it had blacked out altogether but in a dark room you can barely make out desktop. I've tried all buttons on the monitor and nothing helps. Please help.

Sounds like the contrast is turned down.
Hope this helps. Good luck.

john

There is a possibility that you can take the
case off and adjust the two adjustment screws
on the left side. Use a plastic strew driver.

hey i have a faint monitor too. I had to adjust the video card's brightness and contrast settings to compensate for the monitor settings cause they're maxed out already... I'm planning to return it to my vendor. Its a 15" DTS Monitor.. (heard about that brand?)

Go to START>Setting.CONTROL PANNEL>DISPLAY and look in there for brightness controls. are you go to the settings for the video card.

If I use another monitor all is fine. Would I still adjust video card if problem seems to be the monitor itself? I did take off cover but did not see adjustment screws.are they always on left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back