Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failure to access mailbox user / remove balckberry user

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicentell

Technical User
Sep 18, 2003
MX
I am using Black berry enterprice server manager to admin bb users, I have a user when I try to delete it shows me a message that said " unable to access the mailbox for this user".

this accoun belogs to a user that is not longer in our company, so the userid and the exchange mailbox were delete them some months ago, I created the user account and the mailbox in order to restablish the link between BES and Exchange but it did not work and still having the same problem.

Also I was able to open the BES SQL Data Base and the entry for that user is not there.

I am migrating my old exchange server to a new exchange server, when the old one is turned on I have BBS Management console unable to add o delete users.
the only way to access it is turn on the old exchange server. I assume that there is a link between the old eschange server and BES and might be that user.

Is there another part that I missing in order to have this user complete delete from bes and BES Management console working fine with the new exchange server?

thanks in advance for your help

Yes I found the solution.
First tha all I had to turn on my all exchange server in order to be able to get into the Blackberry Enterprise Server Management.

One I was there
1.- I export the users list (select you BB server, right click on your mouse, export list, it will create a txt file list.

2.- and the Blackberry Server. (select your BB Server Management, right click on your mouse export BB servers.

3.- On the user list txt file, I deleted the user account that was give me problems. On this problem I had identified the mailbox for c BB user that was causing problems)

4.- Get a screen shot dor your Blackberry Server Propierties
you might need it information about:
SRP Identifier
SRP Authentication Key.
Login settings
Bes Alert Settings

5.- Remove the current Server from BB Server Management

6.- Add it again. It will promp you for the info you already backe it up.

you can add your BB user either manually or importing the user list.(if there is a mailbox that you have deleted on your exchange and this is not longer exist, you might need to erase that entry on the user list.)

I hope this work for you

M8, thanks very much, looking at your solution i imagine that it would have worked fine. In the meantime i found out why it doesn't work with my build...... because of a sodding service pack level.

Apprantly my build 3.6.3.8 is service pack 3 for 3.6, service pack 4 addresses this issue where the AD account is removed before bes account and leaves an orphaned object in the directory somewhere. This morning i applied sp7 giving build 3.6.7.12 and when deleting the mailbox manually as before it gives a dirreferent message from "unable to access mailbox for this user" rather it states that there was a connectivity issue and items might not have been removed from the user mailbox. After this it deletes the entry.

Thank god!!!!

I have to say that i scoured the web for this issue with a flea comb and found 3 or 4 posts of people with the same problem, none of the posts had replies. I'll try and update them as best i can and hope that other people are able to find a solution quiker than i was!

Thanks for you help again buddy

A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back