Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failure of Hyperlinks to non-Visio documents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 30, 2004
GB
Hi,

I have set up a Visio document with hyperlinks to word documents. These work fine in full page view on Visio but when I save as web pages the links are lost.

Any suggestions?

ISOconsultant

ISOConsultant,

A bit of background:

Where are you publishing this HTML web page? Local, IIS or a host site, or??

I assume in creating, that you are linking to these from a local HD directory. I would first view the link content in the HTML created. Determine if the path to the linked file seems correct and is accessible from where the page has been published.

If you are publishing to any web server, yours or hosted, have you uploaded these linked files to that server?

If not, create a directory there i.e. "links", and upload these files to that location. Next insure that the HTML correctly points to these files. HTML is syntax critical.

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. It caused me to look at the process in detail and I believe I have found a way round this.

When you click save as web page you get a dialog box. One of the buttons says Publish. When you click this there are a number of options some of which are checked. One of the additional options is to arrange supporting documents in a folder. If you uncheck this it saves all the files in the same folder as your web page. The hyperlinks then work.

ISOConsultant,

Thank you posting back with your success.

I was fairly sure that it was a problem with the generated HTML and the file locations. I hope that what I posted assisted you in unraveling this.

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back